Modern Business Statistics with Microso...
David R. Anderson,
Dennis J. Sweeney,
Thomas A. Williams,
Jeffrey D. Camm,
James J. Cochran
Publisher: Cengage Learning
View More Textbook Editions
Solutions for Modern Business Statistics with Microsoft Office Excel (with XLSTAT Education Edition Printed Access Card) (MindTap Course List)
1 Data And Statistics
2 Descriptive Statistics: Tabular And Graphical Displays
3 Descriptive Statistics: Numerical Measures
4 Introduction To Probability
5 Discrete Probability Distributions
6 Continuous Probability Distributions
7 Sampling And Sampling Distributions
8 Interval Estimation
9 Hypothesis Tests
10 Inference About Means And Proportions With Two Populations
11 Inferences About Population Variances
12 Tests Of Goodness Of Fit, Independence, And Multiple Proportions
13 Experimental Design And Analysis Of Variance
14 Simple Linear Regression
15 Multiple Regression
16 Regression Analysis: Model Building
17 Time Series Analysis And Forecasting
18 Nonparametric Methods
19 Statistical Methods For Quality Control
20 Decision Analysis (online)
21 Sample Survey (on Online)
1.1 Applications In Business And Economics
1.3 Data Sources
1.4 Descriptive Statistics
1.5 Statistical Inference
1.6 Statistical Analysis Using Microsoft Excel
1.8 Big Data And Data Mining
1.9 Ethical Guidelines For Statistical Practice
1. Discuss the differences between statistics as numerical facts and statistics as a discipline or...
2. Tablet PC Comparison provides a wide variety of information about tablet computers. The company’s...
3. Refer to Table 1.6. What is the average cost for the tablets? Compare the average cost of tablets...
4. Table 1.7 shows data for eight cordless telephones (Consumer Reports, November 2012). The Overall...
5. Refer to the data set in Table 1.7. What is the average price for the cordless telephones? What...
6. J.D. Power and Associates surveys new automobile owners to learn about the quality of recently...
7. The Kroger Company is one of the largest grocery retailers in the United States, with over 2000...
8. The Tennessean, an online newspaper located in Nashville, Tennessee, conducts a daily poll to...
9. The Commerce Department reported receiving the following applications for the Malcolm Baldrige...
10. The Bureau of Transportation Statistics Omnibus Household Survey is conducted annually and...
11. In a Gallup telephone survey conducted on April 9-10,2013, the person being interviewed was...
12. The Hawaii Visitors Bureau collects data on visitors to Hawaii. The following questions were...
Figure 1.10 provides a bar chart showing the annual revenue for Google from 2004 to 2014. (The Wall...
The following data show the number of rental cars in service for three rental car companies: Hertz,...
The U.S. Census Bureau tracks sales per month for various products and services through its Monthly...
17. A manager of a large corporation recommends a $10,000 raise be given to keep a valued...
18. A random telephone survey of 1021 adults (aged 18 and older) was conducted by Opinion Research...
19. A Bloomberg Businessweek North American subscriber study collected data from a sample of 2861...
20. A survey of 131 investment managers in Barron’s Big Money poll revealed the following: 43% of...
21. A seven-year medical research study reported that women whose mothers took the drug DES during...
22. A survey conducted by Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC showed that one in five U.S....
Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan polling organization that provides information about issues,...
24. A sample of midterm grades for five students showed the following results: 72, 65, 82, 90, 76....
Table 1.8 shows a data set containing information for 25 of the shadow stocks tracked by the...
Browse All Chapters of This Textbook
© 2020 bartleby. All Rights Reserved.